Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Alternative Christmas


This year for Christmas one thing that I am doing is giving Alternative Christmas gifts. My greedy friends don't need gifts anyways. We are so blessed just by the fact that we live in America. I mean, try really hard to think of something that you can't live without this year... I bet that you probably CAN live without it. Was it food that you thought of? or a warm place to sleep at night? Probably not.

This year I participated in Patrick's family gift exchange. I drew this 19 year old boy to buy a gift for. Granted that I am still going to give him a gift certificate for Rasputin Music, but he also is going to get 6 Moringa trees planted somewhere in the world in his name. The tree is used as a vital food staple in third world countries. I purchased this gift through Trees for life. There are many great opportunities for alternative gift giving through various projects, like the Heifer Project International, or trees for life. They are worth checking out and the smallest donation can help someone around the world. I may not be an Angelina Jolie Philanthropist, but I try to do my part, to minimize my footprint left on Earth, to help God's great Plan... The only gifts worth getting at Christmas time are true and genuine Emotions and feelings.

1 comment:

Justin Ames said...

The hybrid conventional (Rasputin)/alternative (Moringa trees) is the way to go, dude. Give me a modest gift certificate and buy a goat for somebody in Namibia and I'd be freakin' set.